Job ID: 201094333
The Lustgarten Foundation is the largest private funder of pancreatic cancer research. The Research Director will work with the Chief Scientist and the President and CEO in the development and implementation of the Scientific, Research, and Patient programs in order to fulfill the Mission of the Foundation “to advance the scientific and medical research related to the diagnosis, treatment, and cure of pancreatic cancer” and to positively impact the lives of pancreatic cancer patients and their families.
PLEASE APPLY ONLY if you have proven experience managing scientific/research programs, projects, budgets such as working for another non-profit, pharma, biotech, academic institution, strong background in cancer research.
- Develop and implementing the
Strategic Research Plan and Annual Research Grants Program including:
- Identifying needed areas of Research
- Identifying researchers / institutions to conduct the Research
- Implementing the Research Application, Grant, and Progress Review process.
- Coordination of pancreatic cancer clinical trials.
- Coordination of sponsored early detection studies.
- Fostering collaboration between and among researchers.
- Coordinate with Stand Up 2 Cancer in implementing the Pancreatic Cancer Collective, and work with and develop other research program partners to maximize research program results.
- Broaden clinical research efforts and trials by developing relationships with pharma, biotechs, academic institutions.
- Further develop the Patient Relations Program.
- Work with the Development and Communications staff to translate research objectives to donors and constituents.
- Represent the Foundation at Scientific and Professional Conferences.
- Implement Scientific Advisory Board activities, including the Annual Conference.
- Negotiate grant contracts and administer the financial aspects of the Grants Program.
- Monitor and keep the Foundation current with the field of cancer research.
- Advanced degree/s in Science
- Strong background in cancer research, preferably pancreatic/GI
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and/or manage scientific/research programs, projects, budgets.
- Strong communications skills to interact effectively with the scientific community as well as conveying technical information to the lay community.
- Successful experience in institutions involved in Cancer Research.