Job ID: 311075050
Akahi Associates, LLC is seeking a highly qualified Patient Coordinator to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position with benefits. 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, paid Federal Holidays.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Arrange patient scheduling, travel, and admissions as designated by each specific protocol.
- Track patient referral process by maintaining patient/volunteer spreadsheets.
- Screen calls from patients, physicians, and callers from the public; forward to appropriate staff members; update patient telephone directory as needed.
- Schedule diagnostic appointments.
- Enter patient data into the database.
- Maintain clinical data in protocol databases.
- Maintain patient files.
- Coordinate volunteer payments.
- Prepare, maintain and fax weekly schedule; ensure that all protocol specifics are completed.
- Prepare documents for clinical protocols in IRB/FDA.
- Maintain protocol files (electronic and hard copies).
- Assist with training of new staff.
- Execute protocol changes in patient population.
- Create reports/spreadsheets for tracking and scheduling of protocol patients.
- Coordinate NIH resources designated for Epilepsy Service use and communication of requirements to different staff groups and departments.
- Troubleshoot scheduling issues to ensure maximum productivity of staff resources.
DELIVERABLES. Upon request, the contractor shall provide documentation evidence of any and/or all work product, including, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work products and documents related to arranging patient scheduling, travel and admissions; track patient referral process by maintaining patient/volunteer spreadsheets; screen and forward calls from patients, physicians and callers from the public.
- Work products and documents related to scheduling diagnostic appointments; enter patient data into database; maintain clinical data in protocol databases; maintain patient files; coordinate volunteer payments.
- Work products and documents related to preparing, maintaining, and faxing weekly schedule; ensure that all protocol specifics are completed; prepare documents for clinical protocols in IRB/FDA; maintain protocol files; train new staff.
- Work products and documents related to executing protocol changes in the patient population; create reports/spreadsheets for tracking and scheduling of protocol patients; coordinate NIH resources designated for Epilepsy Service use; troubleshoot scheduling issues to ensure maximum productivity of staff resources.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, OR OTHER EXPERTISE REQUIRED.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational and time management skills.